Training on Protection and Response to Common Communicable Diseases *Health Protection)
On 29th March 2022, Allamin Foundation trained (Male 19, Female 21) leaders of its Jire Dole network, volunteers and staff on Protection, particularly from COVID 19 and any other outbreak. They also learned about the processes of spreading various and the various hygiene and protection measures like
- Avoid contact with people who are infected
- Use greetings that do not involve touching the other person
- Increase hygiene measures
- Hand washing with soap or alcohol-based gel frequently
- Cover coughs and sneezes either with tissue or elbow
- Not share items if possible
- Disinfect surfaces
- Use physical distancing
- Reduce the number of times people have contact with each other
- Reduce the time people spend in contact
- Reduce close contact by staying 1 metre apart.
At the end of the training, participants had a good basic understanding of Coronavirus disease, learned how it is spread (transmitted), how to prevent its spread and also be able to identify suspected cases.